In 1949 the Toner Family gifted the Dominican Sisters with sixty three acres of a once active farm and surrounding woodlands. Over the years, the buildings and landscape have gone through many changes, but each expression has remained a center for learning within Earth’s ever unfolding story.
By the mid 1980’s, in response to an ever-increasing awareness of our planetary crisis and inspired by the new scientific story of the epic journey of our unfolding universe, we joined in the Earth literacy network. Today our programs and projects, our presence and social participation guide us toward a living culture with a vital local economy. .
In 2008, the Dominican Sisters permanently protected this land. Today we continue to assist other congregations with similar goals while fostering small family farming and local food systems.